Downtown Kelowna is where all the happenings are! The beautiful main street of Burnard is exactly where you want to be to see all the action! So let me dive in today about my favorite things about the downtown area!
1. Brunch downtown!
Weekends are wonderful where there's brunch! I've linked the Downtown Kelowna website to show you all the places you can go to get a great breakfast with friends on the weekend! My personal favorites:
-The Bohemian Cafe (This not-so-secret spot is super busy but worth the line up out the door and their homemade bread and jams are amazing! )
- Sturgeon Hall ( Your go-to greasy spoon meal, and it's great! Many locals say so!)
- Bliss Bakery (Have a coffee, a pastry or the delicious cookies and catch up with a friend!)
The Full list is here:
2. Walk or Cycle along the Watefront Promenade
I love taking friends from out-of-town to check out the Promenade and the beautiful views of Okanagan Lake. In the summer, do it on some cruiser bikes and grab some ice cream for the perfect treat! You can take a beautiful path all the way down to the Eldorado!
4. Hit all the Local Shops
There are so many unique local businesses in the downtown core, I can't name just one. I suggest checking them out at the next Small Shops Saturday on Saturday April 8th for the best deals!
5. Walking/Biking Cruise!
Did you know there are 4 (soon to be 5) Craft Brewery establishments all walking/ or cycling distance from each other!
- BNA - A great place to socialize with friends and play lawn bowling upstairs!
- Tree Brewery Institute - A staple beverage in Kelowna!
- Kettle River Brewery - The newest additioon to the route! I suggest trying the Peanut Butter Stout!
- BC Tree Fruits Ciders - Okay, this isnt beer but it's a must stop in to try their crisp apple ciders made from BC grown apples!
I heard a rumour of a Red Bird Brewery being built for this summer!
What do you love about Downtown Kelowna?